Online Software Testing & Software QA Interview Questions class by Mikhail Portnov (Portnov Computer School - http://www.portnov.com)
We go over 30 software qa interview questions (qa testing interview questions). We talk QA interview and about 25-30 most common QA interview questions and answers. How to pass quality assurance interview is a part of quality assurance training. We have many qa interview videos for qa tester interview.
Software qa testing profession has typical answers to typical quality assurance interview questions. In that regard software quality assurance interview or QA testing interview is no different from other IT professions.
QA interviews to be a success assume having answers to QA tester interview questions. That is why we offer qa testing videos for software qa interview preparation. We practice each and every important qa interview question in our QA training online. QA analyst interview details are also covered in our online qa training. We do teach all about interview questions for qa, quality assurance testing, testing interview questions, QA analyst interview questions and answers, manual testing interview questions and answers, testing tools interview questions, and overall qa questions.
What is Quality?
· Customer satisfaction? Subjective term. It will depend on who the 'customer' is. Each type of customer will have their own view on 'quality'
What is Software Quality?
· Measurement of how close is actual software product to the expected (intended) product
· Customer satisfaction (to who?)
· Quality Software: reasonably bug-free, delivered on time and within budget, meets requirements and/or expectations, and is maintainable
What is Software Quality Assurance?
· Software QA is the process of monitoring and improving all activities associated with software development, from requirements gathering, design and reviews to coding, testing and implementation.
What is the difference between Software Testing and Software QA?
· Testing is mainly an 'error detection' process
· Software QA is 'preventative'. It aims to ensure quality in the methods & processes. ("Quality Assurance" measures the quality of processes used to create a quality product)
What is Software Testing?
· Software Testing is the process of analyzing the software in order to detect the differences between existing and required conditions and to evaluate the features of the software. It involves the entire software development process:
- monitoring and improving the process
- making sure that any agreed-upon standards and procedures are followed
- ensuring that problems are found and dealt with, at the earliest possible stage
Is it possible to find/fix all the bugs in a software product before it goes to the customers? Why test?
· To establish and to enforce business systems of the QA Organization (Test planning, bug tracking, bug reporting, test automation, release certification, and others)
What is black/white box testing?
· Black box software testing is done without access to the source code.
· White box testing is done with access to the code. Bugs are reported at the source code level, not behavioral.
Describe a bug?
· Mismatch between actual behavior of a software application and its intended (expected) behavior. We learn about expected behavior from requirements, specifications, other technical documentation.
What is use case?
· Use cases are used by Business Analysts as a format for specifying system requirements. Each use case represents completed business operation performed by user. From the QA prospective we would need to execute End-To-End test to make sure the requirement is implemented.
What is the most important impact QA can have on a product development process?
· Clarifying requirements
· Bringing down percentage of code re-written due to the change in requirements
What is Negative testing? Positive?
· Positive testing aimed at showing software works as intended when user does what he/she does correct actions.
· Negative testing aimed at showing that software handles properly situations in which user acts not as user is supposed to act (invalid inputs, unreasonable selections of settings, etc.)
Which type of testing results in highest number of bugs found?
· Negative testing (versus Positive testing of same type)