Crusty outer covering stuffed with crumbly apple mixture, baked till perfection.
250 grams refined flour (maida) + for dusting
½ cup powdered sugar
Salt to taste
75 grams frozen butter
2 large green apples, roughly chopped
½ cup sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
1 tablespoon milk
½ tablespoon castor sugar
Icing sugar for dusting
1. To make crust dough, sift refined flour, powdered sugar, salt through a sieve in a mixing bowl. Add frozen butter, mix well. Add 1 tablespoon chilled water, knead into a semi-stiff dough.
2. Place dough on a cling film, seal with a wrap and refrigerate till firm.
3. Heat a non-stick pan. Add apples, sugar, mix and cook till the apples turn soft. Remove from heat and set aside.
4. Mix together cooked apples and cinnamon powder, set aside to cool at room temperature.
5. Preheat oven at 180˚C.
6. Divide the crust dough into equal portions. Dust the working-top with refined flour and roll out the crust dough into thin sheets. Roll the thin sheets using a rolling pin.
7. Line a pie dish with the rolled dough sheet.
8. Mix together apple mixture and cake crumbs in a mixing bowl, transfer to pie dish, and cover with another sheet of dough. Make a criss-cross pattern on top.
9. Milk wash with milk and castor sugar. Place the dish in the baking oven and bake for 25-30 minutes or till the crust is light golden.
10. Remove from the oven, transfer to a serving dish, dredge icing sugar on top and serve.
Click to Subscribe: http://bit.ly/1h0pGXf
Best cooked in Wonderchef Kitchenware. Buy Now on : https://goo.gl/eB9kQq
Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/ChefSanjeevKapoor
Twitter : https://twitter.com/sanjeevkapoor