Here's Lesson Two in our 'Style Personality Video Series'!
Subscribe for our emails at www.stylecoachinginstitute.com and receive more free videos, lessons and articles, exercises, and more... Delivered straight to your inbox :)
** Online Style Coach™ Diploma Courses also available worldwide! **
One of the key aims of a Style Coach™, Image Consultant or Personal Stylist is to help people become more confident and self-assured when styling themselves; whether this is shopping for new items to add to their existing wardrobe, bringing outfits together for a particular occasion, mixing and matching accessories, or experimenting with new colours.
When you become a certified Style Coach™, you'll learn to help clients use their outer appearance as a form of self-expression - a way to illustrate who they really are on the inside and share this with the people around them. Our choice of clothing and accessories speaks volumes about us, and our appearance makes a first (and long-lasting) impression!
Many people look to the media to find out what they should wear this season, and often they try to replicate someone else’s look. While it is fun to find inspiration from various different sources, it is also important to understand that for our clothing choices to work best, they need to be in harmony with our own ‘Style Personality’, not someone else’s!
Once you gain an awareness of the attributes of your Style Personality, you will find that ‘effortless style’ really does start to come more naturally! You will be able to mix and match with ease, and getting dressed will become an enjoyable and creative experience, everyday! Good knowledge of your Style Personality will pave the way for you to project the image you want, and to feel comfortable in your own skin, whatever the occasion!
The 5 Style Personalities…
Although most people fall into one of five general ‘Style Personalities’, that’s not to say that they can’t play with other styles or that their Style Personality is unable to change.
You might find that you are able to identify which Style Personality you at this point in time, but you may also recognise that you have been a different ‘Style Personality’ at another stage in your life.
You may even recognise that you flow between two or more Style Personalities, depending on your mood, and perhaps between work and leisure.
The 5 main ‘Style Personality’ groups are…
When making wardrobe choices, it can help to have a picture in your mind of a person whose style you admire, or who epitomises the general style you would like to achieve.
To clarify, this doesn’t mean to say that you would wish to replicate anyone else’s look exactly (because this doesn’t embrace your own individuality)! Instead, look to stylish role models as a source of inspiration, but then aim to bring your outfits together with your own unique twists, touches and personal preferences!
** IN THIS VIDEO **
The Creative Style Personality:
- You like to have fun with your wardrobe choices
- You’re inspired by catwalks but always add your own twists
- You love bold, modern costume jewellery
- You love eye-catching, statement accessories
- You like to wear strong, contrasting colours
- You may have an ethnic or even theatrical look
- You prefer ensemble dressing to mix and match
- You like fabrics that have glitter and shine
- Your style is unique, eclectic and unpredictable
- You love billowy lines and unusual silhouettes
- You experiment with exotic or geometric prints
- You may be a hoarder and can see a use for everything
- Your clothes are a collection from different decades
- To you, dressing is an art form
- You may have angular or prominent features
- Your hairstyle has long curls or is short and dramatic
- You often experiment with your makeup
- Some might think you dress ‘inappropriately’ for some occasions
- You have long finger nails and paint them regularly
- You are a trendsetter rather than a fashion follower
- People admire your brave and daring style combinations
Have you been thinking about becoming a personal stylist? Here at the Style Coaching Institute®, we don’t offer ordinary image consultant training. Instead, our personal stylist courses teach you a uniquely holistic approach that combines image and beauty training with powerful life coach training and personal branding that transforms people from the inside out. If you have a passion for style and beauty, but you also believe that people are so much more than a reflection in the mirror, then why not consider a career in Style Coaching™ and become a personal stylist with a difference?
Details can be found at our website: www.stylecoachinginstitute.com