To go alone or to join a group?
What’s up guys? How are you doing today? How to ride on the long motorcycle trip - in a group or alone? Stay with me and I will tell you my opinion about it.
What I am going to tell you is what I think. Everything is based only on my experience and I don’t have any goals to teach you or to change the opinion you already have.
Ok, Both – alone and in a group have some pros and cons.
Let’s start with riding in a group.
1. It’s good to be part of a large group. We are humans and we all love this feeling. You can check on Facebook and will be amazed how many groups you will find.
2. The group will give you some confidence and safety. Especially if you are new rider. They will be enough experience people ready to help you.
3. Personal and bike security. You don’t need to worry about it, because you are not alone and always somebody will look after you or your bike. Easy will receive any help, if you need it.
4. Possibilities to learn a lot. From riding techniques to very useful motorcycle tricks. You will have very good chance to make strong friendships. As you already know we are all like brothers. That’s why we shake our hands when we passed on the road.
5. Discounts and fun. Possible discounts in many attractions. Good fun when you go to a restaurants or bars.
6. Easy logistic: Somebody will do it for you.
1. You will move much slower: Even if you ride fast, you will move slowly. I will explain:
Every person is different. Some wake up early, some not. Some drink coffee, some not. Some go to the toilet early some not. Some prefer to take a shower every morning, some once per week. So what is basically happened is that if you decide to start at 7, you will start at 8h.
2. Confrontations: Different people, different riding styles, different bikes. Stopping every 15 minutes once per two hours, or never stopping. Drinking coffee at every stop or making large pause for lunch. Toilet, relaxing, stretching the legs or even some gymnastic. When many people are involved it almost impossible to have some strict timing and the confrontations will follow.
3. Dangerous riding and imitations: Some experience riders, usually the leaders, will ride fast or will use some techniques to impress the rest of the group. They can afford it, because they know what they are doing, but it is not like that for the newbie riders behind. They will try to do the same taking a serious risk to have an accident even to die.
4. Accommodation problems. Some people prefer nice hotel, some would like to tent. At the end you have to make a lot of compromises. It’s ok to find rooms for 2 or 3 people, but it’s a different story when you are 10 or more. Even on the camping areas could be a problem, especially if you hit the high season.
5. Logistic: You might not agree with some of the points.
6. High cost: Because of everything I just said in the previous 4 points you spending more money
1. Riding style: You are the boss. Ride as longer you need, stop whatever you want, drink when you thirsty and eat when you are hungry.
2. Easy to find a place to sleep. Cheaper prices and a very good chances to be invited in the people homes. The choice is only yours.
3. Logistic: You can choose the destinations, roads, attractions and so on. You are the boss.
4. Spending whatever you want. Control your budget. If you like cheap –cheap, when you like lux – lux, you are the boss.
5. No problem with communication. You can spend the full time without even say a word, just ride.
1. No help when you need it: If you are in the city or in a big road, somebody will help you, but off road, far away from civilization… even small things like flat tire or empty petrol tank could become a real problem.
2. Loneliness: Some people feel really bad once they are left alone.
3. Security: You have to watch for your bike all the time. Even when you go to simple things, like to pay for your petrol, go to the toilet or to the hotel across the street to check for free room. You have to make sure that no one will touch your bike or your staff.
4. Personal safety: Alone you are easy target.
5. Dangerous: Riding a motorcycle alone is not recommended. Especially if you have plans to go to areas with no people or if you ride off road.
G +: https://plus.google.com/114413768982620363412/posts?gmbpt=true&hl=en-GB